We’d like to see everyone going through cancer treatment have a copy of Chemo and Back Again in their hands.
Part of our gifting program is subsidizing Chemo and Back Again to be gifted to chemo patients in chemo wards. You are able to sponsor a book(s) to gift to chemo wards at NZ$25 and we will subsidize the remaining cost.
In addition, proceeds from book sales also go towards donating Chemo and Back Again to chemo wards.
I want to sponsor a book and donate
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Your support means so much to us as it means that we can get this beautiful resource to anyone and everyone who needs it. To make a donation, click on the donate button below and enter your amount. You can pay via PayPal or Credit Card.
I will also keep a total of books gifted to chemo patients and wards so far:
- Auckland Hospital 23
- Waikato 1
- Hastings 1
- Palmerston North 1
- Wellington Hospital Blood and Cancer Centre – 40 books were gifted in July and August 2016
- Nelson hospital 1
- Christchurch Women’s Hospital 1
- St George’s Hospital Christchurch 1
- Christchurch 1
- Southland 1
- Timaru 1
And please talk to us about your fundraising ideas!
I just want to know more about how sponsorship works
Well that’s fantastic! My vision and goals are:
- We would like to gift a thousand copies of Chemo and Back Again to chemo patients in chemo wards in New Zealand and around the world. This is our highest priority, as we want to people going through chemo and cancer to have the most hope, inspiration and support possible enabling them the highest possible chance of survival. Your contribution makes such a difference to the life of a person going through one of the most challenging times of their life.
- Sponsoring a book does not create profit for author, Andrea Fairbairn, but it gets books to people who really need it. That is a really important part of the vision behind Chemo and Back Again. It needs to go to people having chemo and cancer treatment and help them in their cancer journeys.
- To date all writing, design, printing, marketing and website costs have been paid for by author, Andrea Fairbairn. If by chance, we could sell enough books, it would enable Andrea time to work on her other books and websites to support people affected by cancer. Andrea’s purpose is to inspire people on their health journeys and she’d love your support to make that happen.
People who have sponsored books to chemo hospitals
The following is a list of our wonderful joy/book sponsors: